The activities of the this COST Action are organized in six Working Groups (WG). The first three WGs correspond to the first three research areas, while the other three WGs refer to specific application domains. WGs from 1 to 3 concentrate on the analysis, design and validation of defect and fault tolerant systems, while the last three promote the inclusion of fault tolerant methodologies to specific industrial applications. The goal is to create a strong interaction between all the areas, having a vertical interaction between areas 1-3 to have cross-fertilization of ideas and major underlying challenges between all abstraction levels of gigascale systems (i.e., from technology to system level). Moreover a strong horizontal integration of areas 1-3 with the application areas will foster innovation driven by key applications. Thus, the Action will bring together researchers from different fields and different application domains, who share common reliability-related challenges.
- WG1 – Methodologies and techniques for manufacturing reliable nanoscale devices
- WG2 – System level design, on-line testing/fault tolerance
- WG3 – Verification and Validation/Debug Methodologies
- WG4 – Fault tolerance for space applications
- WG5 – Fault tolerance for transportation systems
- WG6 – Fault tolerance for medical devices